Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
Arts & Sciences
School of Business and Leadership
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Online FAQs
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Onsite FAQs
School of Education
School of Education Licensure Disclosures
School of Education Field and Clinical Safety Plan
Non-Degree Options for Additional Certification
Dignity for All Students (DASA) Training at Nyack College
School of Education Accreditation
What Can You Do With an Education Degree?
School of Education Mission and Learning Goals
School of Music
School of Nursing
School of Social Work
Athletic Team Physician
Locating Athletic Training Room
Attending Late to Practice
Athletic Medical Forms
Student Mailing Address
Student Mailbox Information
Incoming Mail and Packages
Returning/Outgoing Mail and Packages
Nearest Post Office to Jersey City Residence
Information Center and Lost & Found
Copy and Vending Machines
Nyack College Apparel
Financial Aid Book Vouchers
Purchasing Books for Class
Ground Shipping for Books
Contact Information for Bookstore
Division of Student Success
Booking / Scheduling Tutoring Session
Online / Virtual Tutoring
Tutoring Center Contact
Reschedule or Cancel Tutoring Appointment
Tutoring Session Availability
Tutoring Session Length
Additional Sessions / Hours
Writing Center Contact
Writing Center Services
Citation Styles (APA/MLA/Turabian)
Connecting with Writing Consultants
Session Review Form
Multiple Same-Day Appointments
Dropping Off Papers
Extra Help for Non-Native Speakers
Accommodation for Disabilities
How can I get started with disability services?
Disability Support Services
Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP)
Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society
Academic Success Center
Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
Division of Student Success
Edvance360 Additional Help
Using Edvance360 for Tests
Participating in Edvance360 Course Discussions
Submit an Assignment to the Dropbox
Edvance360 Course Lessons
Login to Edvance360 Courses
Using the Edvance360 Mailbox
Contacting Facilities During an Emergency
Dorm Room Dividers
Housekeeping Supplies for Dorm Rooms
Personal Furniture in Dorm Rooms
Unlocking Dorm Rooms
Safety and Security
Employee Training and Education
Student Onboarding & Ongoing Education Guide
Protections and Accommodations
Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
Reporting Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence: Important Resources and Phone Numbers
Campus Climate Survey
Sexual Harassment: Title IX
Sexual Misconduct and Violence Policy
Important Safety & Security Contacts
Suspicious Activity On Campus
Hostile Intruder On Campus
Emergency Response Summary
Fire Safety Procedures
NyackAlert (e2campus) Timely Warning
Emergency Updates and School Closings
Student or Employee of Concern
Advisory Committee On Campus Security
Drug and Alcohol Policy and Prevention Program
Missing Persons Policy
Security Policies and Procedures
Safety and Security
General Institutional Information
Local Health/Medical Services & Resources
Health Services Forms
Health Services Policies
Student Health Insurance
Health Services On Campus
Dissertations written by ATS DMin students
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols III
Citation - Using NoodleTools
Library Access - Visitor
Library Resources - Course Reserves
Library Resources - Textbooks
Renewing Library Book
Library Group Study
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols I
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols II
Library Access - Alumni
Citations for a Paper
Returning Library Books
Paying Library Fines
Check Out Library Materials
Accessing Library Website
Library Account Login
Finding Scholarly Journal Articles
Finding Books in the Library
Library Resources - Videos
Online Library Resources and Services
Microsoft Office Tools
MyAllianceU Login Instructions
Connecting Chromebook, Oculus VR Headsets to Wi-Fi
Connecting TV/Gaming Devices to WiFi
How do I Extend my TV/gaming device registration - Yearly?
Connecting to AcademicallyExcellent Wifi
Reactivating Former Student Account
StraighterLine Course Offerings
Alliance University Catalog
How do I sign-up for a CLEP Exam?
Term Course Listings
Request for Enrollment Certification
Graduation Audit Request
Application for Transfer Credit Approval
How to submit an Incomplete Grade Request
Address & Telephone Change
Is my course held online, hybrid or in-person?
Problems Registering for Classes
Withdrawing from a Class
Requesting Student Transcripts
Identifying My Faculty Advisor
Getting Connected with Advisors and Registrar
Veteran and Military Personnel Benefits
How to register for classes
Where can I find my class schedule?
Advisement for Online Registration
Tracking Degree Audit
Move-in/Move-out Dates for Students
Room Types in Jersey City
Vehicle Limitations in Jersey City
Overnight Guests in Rooms
Room Amenities and Restrictions
Applying for Housing
Items to Bring to College
Voter Registration Forms
Nyack College Response to COVID-19
NYC Transit System Student Discounts
Obtaining a PATH Train Card
Student Parking Options
Residential Student Sign Out Sheet
Residence Hall Work Requests
Paying Residence Life Fines
Courtesy & Quiet Hours
Curfew for Freshman
Information About Events & Clubs
Food on Campus
Building a Resume
Daycare On Campus
Jobs on Campus
Senior Class Events
Student Financial Services
Make a Payment on Your Student Account
How to fill out the FAFSA
Selective Service Registration (Men 18-25 ONLY)
Biden's Loan Forgiveness
What is a Professional Judgment?
If move out of the dorm early, do I get a refund?
How can I get a 1098T receipt for my taxes?
How to Calculate Interest Rate on Loans
What is Financial Aid? What is considered Financial Aid?
How to view your degree audit and track academic progress.
Nelnet Payment Plan - Undergrad
What is the cost of Summer Courses?
Exit Loan Counseling
Contacting Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
FAFSA Status - Independent vs. Dependent Student
Borrowers Right to Cancel
How do I know if I am missing documents? Where can I go to see what documents I am am missing?
Where do I go to get my student ID?
Including Parent Information on FASFA
Financial Aid Documents
How to Create an Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
Completing the FAFSA via Mobile App
FAFSA Application site
Tuition Liability Policy - Undergrad
Where do I go to complete the TAP application? What is the School Code for TAP?
TAP Application Assistance
Who is my lender?
Uploading Documents to Student Portal
Alternative Loan Application
Finding My Account Balance
How to Complete the Registration process and financial clearance in four easy steps
SAP Appeal Letter
Outstanding Balance Hold. Registration Hold. Transcript Hold
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Federal Student Aid ID
The Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid and FAFSA for College Students
How can I get a receipt to confirm that I made an online payment?
What is does GPA stand for?
Proof of Residency and Citizenship
What are the technology fees?
Troubleshooting Your Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
How to join a Google Meeting.
Large Account Balance
Where do I find the forms I need for Verification?
How can I remove the "Registration Hold"
What happens to my Loans if I take a semester off?
Tuition Assistance Program
Updated by AU Staff
Mission and Learning Goals
The School of Education is committed to prepare candidates with practiced, research-based methodology that is character based, integrating the historical evangelical Christian tradition of the college, so they are ready to enter the inclusive classroom. To fulfill these values, the unit is committed to the preparation of professional educators who are capable of working effectively with diverse populations in a constantly changing global community.
Our conceptual framework guides the curriculum, instruction, structure and assessment for the professional education programs in the School of Education. The framework, based on the SALT acronym representing Service, Academics, Leadership, and Teaching, is comprised of a standards-driven, student-centered, assessment-based, collaborative approach.
Teacher candidates are instructed to be “the salt of the earth.” This summarizes the belief that candidates and professional faculty in the School of Education strive to become, by God’s grace, individuals who reflect the properties of salt. They are to season and enrich the lives of others. They are to become the preservative of hope and encouragement to others. They are to become a healing agent serving others who need help overcoming the difficulties of life. Therefore, it becomes the goals of this unit to:
- Equip candidates with a competency in working with diverse student groups by the use of effective teaching methods.
- Instill within the candidates sensitivity to individual and cultural diversity as they work within a variety of contexts and communities and understand the benefits of partnering to improve education.
- Guide candidates to an understanding of the impact of teaching on the greater community and the world.
- Enable candidates to articulate and apply appropriate competency-based standards and principles addressing teaching, curriculum, assessment, equity, and technology, and to demonstrate the associated ethical dispositions.
- Empower candidates to articulate, demonstrate, and value the interconnectedness of academic standards, dispositions related to academics, and the broad philosophical connections, resulting in well-rounded academic preparedness for the teaching profession.
- Prepare candidates with research-based understandings and skills to create a bridge among educational theory, research, and practice in response to the educational, social and psychological needs of society.
- Develop candidates as transformative leaders as they envision and implement a nurturing, stimulating, inclusive, international environment for students, schools and communities.
- Prepare candidates to effectively communicate with diverse populations in a variety of media and modes, as they voice ethical dispositions regarding issues of justice, access, and equity while employing a filter of a Christian worldview.
- Engage candidates in professional growth activity so they may respond to educational needs of diverse learners, schools and communities with insight, vision and collaborative effort.
- Develop candidates who are able to design, implement, and evaluate the appropriateness of instruction and refine practices.
- Prepare candidates willing to work strategically together with professional partners, colleagues and community to facilitate the implementation of collaborative learning environments in professional education and K-12 settings.
- Equip candidates with an understanding of effective ways to utilize appropriate assessment-based approaches for the improvement of student learning and educational practice.