Locating Athletic Training Room
Athletic Team Physician
Attending Late to Practice
Athletic Medical Forms
Financial Aid Book Vouchers
Nyack College Apparel
Purchasing Books for Class
Ground Shipping for Books
Contact Information for Bookstore
Using the Edvance360 Mailbox
Login to Edvance360 Courses
Edvance360 Course Lessons
Edvance360 Additional Help
Submit an Assignment to the Dropbox
Participating in Edvance360 Course Discussions
Using Edvance360 for Tests
Contacting Facilities During an Emergency
Dorm Room Dividers
Housekeeping Supplies for Dorm Rooms
Personal Furniture in Dorm Rooms
Unlocking Dorm Rooms
Local Health/Medical Services & Resources
Health Services Forms
Health Services Policies
Student Health Insurance
Health Services On Campus
Move-in/Move-out Dates for Students
Room Types in Jersey City
Vehicle Limitations in Jersey City
Overnight Guests in Rooms
Room Amenities and Restrictions
Applying for Housing
Items to Bring to College
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols III
Citation - Using NoodleTools
Library Access - Visitor
Library Resources - Course Reserves
Library Resources - Textbooks
Renewing Library Book
Library Group Study
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols I
Library COVID-19 Safety Protocols II
Library Access - Alumni
Citations for a Paper
Returning Library Books
Paying Library Fines
Check Out Library Materials
Accessing Library Website
Library Account Login
Finding Scholarly Journal Articles
Finding Books in the Library
Library Resources - Videos
Online Library Resources and Services
Connecting Chromebook, Oculus VR Headsets to Wi-Fi
Connecting TV/Gaming Devices to WiFi
How do I Extend my TV/gaming device registration - Yearly?
Connecting to AcademicallyExcellent Wifi
Microsoft Office Tools
Reactivating Former Student Account
MyNyackSSO Login Instructions
Student Mailing Address
Student Mailbox Information
Incoming Mail and Packages
Returning/Outgoing Mail and Packages
Nearest Post Office to Jersey City Residence
Identifying My Faculty Advisor
Withdrawing from a Class
Requesting Student Transcripts
How to register for classes
Where can I find my class schedule?
Advisement for Online Registration
Problems Registering for Classes
Getting Connected with Advisors and Registrar
Tracking Degree Audit
Application for Transfer Credit Approval
Courses Missing from Edvance360
Request for Enrollment Certification
Residential Student Sign Out Sheet
Residence Hall Work Requests
Paying Residence Life Fines
Courtesy & Quiet Hours
Curfew for Freshman
Moving into Jersey City Fall 2020
Nyack College Opening for Fall 2020
Nyack College Response to COVID-19
NYC Transit System Student Discounts
Obtaining a PATH Train Card
Student Parking Options
Safety and Security
Important Safety & Security Contacts
Suspicious Activity On Campus
Hostile Intruder On Campus
Emergency Response Summary
Fire Safety Procedures
NyackAlert (e2campus) Timely Warning
Emergency Updates and School Closings
Student or Employee of Concern
Advisory Committee On Campus Security
Drug and Alcohol Policy and Prevention Program
Missing Persons Policy
Security Policies and Procedures
Safety and Security
Information About Events & Clubs
Food on Campus
Building a Resume
Daycare On Campus
Jobs on Campus
Senior Class Events
Student Financial Services
What is a Professional Judgment?
If move out of the dorm early, do I get a refund?
How can I get a 1098T receipt for my taxes?
How to Calculate Interest Rate on Loans
What is Financial Aid? What is considered Financial Aid?
How to view your degree audit and track academic progress.
Nelnet Payment Plan - Undergrad
What is the cost of Summer Courses?
Exit Loan Counseling
Contacting Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
FAFSA Status - Independent vs. Dependent Student
Borrowers Right to Cancel
How do I know if I am missing documents? Where can I go to see what documents I am am missing?
Where do I go to get my student ID?
Including Parent Information on FASFA
Financial Aid Documents
How to Create an Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
Completing the FAFSA via Mobile App
FAFSA Application site
Tuition Liability Policy - Undergrad
Where do I go to complete the TAP application? What is the School Code for TAP?
TAP Application Assistance
Who is my lender?
Uploading Documents to Student Portal
Alternative Loan Application
Finding My Account Balance
How to Complete the Registration process and financial clearance in four easy steps
SAP Appeal Letter
Outstanding Balance Hold. Registration Hold. Transcript Hold
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Federal Student Aid ID
The Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid and FAFSA for College Students
How can I get a receipt to confirm that I made an online payment?
What is does GPA stand for?
Proof of Residency and Citizenship
What are the technology fees?
Troubleshooting Your Account Username and Password (FSA ID)
How to join a Google Meeting.
Large Account Balance
Where do I find the forms I need for Verification?
How can I remove the "Registration Hold"
What happens to my Loans if I take a semester off?
Tuition Assistance Program
Booking / Scheduling Tutoring Session
Online / Virtual Tutoring
Tutoring Center Contact
Reschedule or Cancel Tutoring Appointment
Tutoring Session Availability
Tutoring Session Length
Additional Sessions / Hours
Writing Center Contact
Writing Center Services
Citation Styles (APA/MLA/Turabian)
Connecting with Writing Consultants
Session Review Form
Multiple Same-Day Appointments
Dropping Off Papers
Extra Help for Non-Native Speakers
Accommodation for Disabilities
A fire may include visible flames or strong odors of burning. The appropriate emergency action is for persons to evacuate the building quickly and safely, call the Fire Department (911) first and notify Campus Safety for Manhattan by dialing x6198 from a campus phone or (646) 378-6198 from a private or public phone or for The Bay at Jersey City at (845) 222-8812.
If the Fire can be Extinguished
- If you are the person who discovered the fire, extinguish it only if you can do so safely and quickly.
- If the fire alarm has not gone on automatically, pull the nearest fire alarm and call the Fire Department (911).
- Use an appropriate fire extinguisher to control the fire only if you have had fire extinguisher training, the fire is confinable and your personal safety is not placed in jeopardy.
- If the fire is extinguished, call Campus Safety Manhattan by dialing x6198 from a campus phone or (646) 378-6198 from a private or public phone or for The Bay at Jersey City at (845) 222-8812.
For Occupants of the Building
- Close the doors to your immediate area.
- EVACUATE the building via the nearest exit. Assist others in exiting the building.
- DO NOT use elevators.
- Avoid smoke filled areas. See evacuating below.
- If you can’t escape, use wet towels or tape to seal the door and any room supply vent.
- If there is no fire below, go to the window and open it. Stay near the open window. Hang a blanket or a towel out the window to let people know that you are there and need help.
- Be calm and wait for someone to rescue you.
For Persons Evacuating from the Immediate Area
- Feel the door from top to bottom. If it is hot, DO NOT proceed; go back.
- If the door is cool, crouch low and open the door slowly. Close the door quickly if smoke is present so you do not inhale it.
- If no smoke is present, exit the building via the nearest stairwell or exit.
- If you encounter heavy smoke in a stairwell, go back and try another stairwell.
Residence Hall Procedures
Electronic Items in Residence Halls
In the interest of fire safety, ONLY the following appliances may be used within designated areas: refrigerators, automatic coffee pots, hot pots, hand vacuums, small sweepers, compact vacuums, electric curlers, curling irons and blow dryers. Electric irons with automatic shut-off are provided within each residence hall. Vacuums are available for use in each residence. If unauthorized items are found, they will be confiscated by Residence Life Staff.
NOTE: Among the appliances NOT permitted are halogen lamps, microwave ovens, toasters, toaster ovens, crock pots, irons, rice cookers, waffle irons, heaters, air conditioners, hot plates, electrical grills and extension cords. These items will be confiscated by Residence Life Staff.
Fire Safety in Residence Halls
Each residence hall will hold fire drills on a periodic basis. Evacuation instructions are posted in each residence room and in public areas. Additionally, each floor is equipped with a fire extinguisher.
When a fire alarm is given, the following procedures are to be followed:
- All persons must evacuate the building immediately.
- Doors must be closed (and unlocked) with the room lights turned on.
- Buildings may only be re-entered when permission is granted by an authorized college or fire department official.
To emphasize the seriousness of fire safety, any person (faculty, staff or student) found violating any provision of these regulations will be charged a fine of $250. Other disciplinary measures and financial restitution may also be required. Violations of these restrictions will also result in a fine of $250 and possible suspension or expulsion. These restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- Moving, adjusting or otherwise tampering with any fire safety equipment
- Use or possession of any fireworks
- Use or possession of any candles or incense inside resident rooms. No candles or incense of any kind is permitted in residence halls (only Glade plug-ins are permitted).
- Use or possession of any open flame or flame-producing device
- Use of extension cords (only use of surge protectors is permitted)
- Blocking or restricting passage in a hallway, stairway or doorway (i.e. garbage, shoes, open umbrella, etc.)
- Failure to respond immediately to a fire alarm
- Propping any of the fire doors at any time
- Initiating or reporting a false alarm – The intentional or reckless pulling of a fire alarm is considered a criminal offense. Any student who sets off the fire alarm by neglect will be fined $250.
Fire Safety Training/Education
Fire safety and training endeavors are an ongoing effort at Nyack College.
- Resident Life Professional staff and Resident Assistants are provided evacuation and basic fire safety training at the beginning of the year.
- All new students are given mandatory fire safety training in conjunction with other training during the Fall and Spring New Student Orientation Sessions, which are mandatory.
- The Nyack College Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is made available via email to every employee and student each year at the beginning of October. A PDF copy is also made available on the Safety and Security website at nyack.edu/safetyandsecurity.
- Faculty/Staff training occurs at the beginning of the year retreat in August before the start of each school year.
Residence Hall Visits/Safety Inspections
- Residence Hall room inspections are held once per month to insure that the Health and Fire safety Regulations of New York are being met (all fire hazards will result in a $250 fine).
- Items allowed and not allowed (including appliances and electrical items) are included in the yearly Student Handbook that is made available on the Student Portal.